Thursday, July 17, 2014

Logo Design Process


Logo Design Process

Recently, I (the Graphic Designer at ALS Printing)  designed a logo for TNT Powder Coating. Here is a visual guide to the steps I take when planning and creating a design.
sketches
 First, I begin by creating thumb nail sketches of any idea that comes to mind when I think of the company and the type of design they need. These are spontaneous and help get all of my ideas on paper before going to the computer...
different ideas
Next, I take the best sketches and try to recreate them on the computer. I create a lot of potential logos, so the customer can get exactly what they envisioned.
The logo should be able to hold it's own in black and white, so now that the favorite designs have been narrowed down, I add color.

A final logo was chose from the pool of designs, and was then used on different items for TNT Coating, such as a business card. I hope you enjoyed this guide to how a design is created!

When you design do you need to start on paper, or do you work better on the computer right away?

No comments:

Post a Comment